Sonshine Family Day Homes was the first accredited Family Day Homes Agency in the Calgary region. We were founded as a not-for-profit agency in 1985. The agency administers an accredited quality childcare program that enables all children to participate to their fullest potential in day home routines, activities and play experiences.
Day Home providers supply quality care for children. They operate with a philosophy that all children are entitled to play, explore, learn, share and be listened to in a safe and caring environment.
Key features of our Day Homes include:
· Accredited agency approves and monitors day homes operating in the Calgary region and Airdrie
· Child care philosophy – all children are entitled to play, explore, learn, share and be listened to in a safe and caring environment
· Agency staff are qualified with Child Development Supervisor Certification (formerly level 3 ECE)
· Day Home Providers have a minimum Child Development Assistant Certification (formerly Level 1 ECE)
· Accreditation standards met in health, safety, nutrition, learning and care programming
· Inclusive childcare program enables all children to participate to their fullest potential
· Flexible hours of care for children ages 0-12
· Government subsidies available
· Supporting families through networking and community connections
· Competitive rates
· Not-for-profit agency operating under Sonshine Community Services
We strongly believe childcare provided through our Day Homes is a complement to the care provided by parents. The program goal is to come alongside parents and provide a high quality program that can help with this awesome responsibility.
If you are looking for a quality alternative to day care, contact us at 403.705.3476 or by email to discuss available Day Homes in your area.
If you enjoy working with children and are interested in starting your own day home business, click here to learn more about this great career opportunity.